SCOTT W. GOODSPEED
Scott Goodspeed rejoined Stroudwater Associates in 2015 after ten years as Principal and Vice President at iVantage Health Analytics. Scott has been President and CEO of four hospitals in three states, and has deep industry experience and a national reputation in governance; his focus is centered on clarifying strategy, rapid-deployment culture change and enhanced operational/financial outcomes. A nationally recognized speaker, Scott has authored and delivered over 500 presentations to various professional associations and healthcare organizations on topics such as strategic planning, health industry trends, 21st century governance, constructive cultures and the Balanced Scorecard. Scott’s most recent book is titled “Community Stewardship: Applying the Five Principles of Contemporary Governance,” published by American Hospital Publishing. He has recently written two articles on Population Health and Reducing Waste using Comparative Analytics. In addition, he is conducting research on organization and board culture which will culminate in a book with a current working title “The Culture Map: Breaking the Invisible Boundaries in Healthcare.”
Scott’s recent work includes the following:
• Serving as faculty for the Governance Institute and facilitating Board, Executive Management and Medical Staff leadership retreats and governance restructuring.
• Developing strategic plans aimed at improving performance and better positioning the hospital in the marketplace long-term.
• Leading the implementation of the Balanced Scorecard and strategy execution in over 180 hospitals and healthcare organizations. Kaplan and Norton Balanced Scorecard certified graduate.
• Accredited to use the Organizational Cultural Inventory and Organizational Effectiveness Inventory with extensive experience leading organizations through the cycle of articulating the ideal culture, assessing the current culture and climate, identifying the gaps, planning for change, and implementing change.
• Receiving the 2003 ACHE Regents Award: Healthcare Executive of the Year with Special Recognition for Contribution to the Field.
Scott completed his doctorate in Health Administration and Leadership from the Medical University of South Carolina in 2003, with a dissertation entitled The Balanced Scorecard: Translating Strategy into Action. He received his Master’s degree in Hospital Administration from the University of Minnesota, where he was recognized for his academic achievement. Scott graduated Magna Cum Laude from Ithaca College, Ithaca, NY, where he earned his Bachelor of Science Degree in Administration of Health Care Services.
- Future of Health Care
- Health Care Reform
- Organizational Culture
- Performance Improvement
- Quality and Patient Safety
- Rural Health Care
- Service Excellence
- Strategic Planning
- Breakout Presenter
- Keynote Presenter
- Presentation Moderator