Dr. Michael O'Brien is CEO of the O'Brien Group, a consulting firm that helps healthcare's senior leaders tackle some of their organization's toughest reform-driven challenges. He has been a pioneering force in helping senior executives and their teams lead better and achieve more in the face of some of the most dramatic changes the industry has ever seen.
He has presented extensively at most major healthcare conferences in the U.S. and he has contributed articles and commentary to publications such as Trustee, Healthcare Executive, Hospital and Health Networks, HR Pulse, Healthcare Financial Management and Health Leaders.
His lively and entertaining presentations and workshops focus on helping senior executives and their teams break through to new ways of thinking that evidence shows result in improvements in operations, financial results, and clinical performance.
- Evidence-based Executive Leadership: Managing Reform-driven Change
- Beyond the Deal: Leading in the Age of Healthcare Mergers and Acquisitions
- Leading Innovation in a risk-averse healthcare culture.
- Physician Whiplash--Going from Great Medicine to Great Leadership.
- Physician Integration and Leadership Performance.
Dr. O'Brien is the author of two books, Quicksilver, A Revolutionary Way to Lead the Many and the Few-Beginning with You and Profit From Experience. He holds a Doctorate in corporate training and human resources development and a Master's of Arts degree in education. He is a member of AHA, ACHE and the National Speakers Association.
- Future of Health Care
- Health Care Reform
- Medical Staff Development
- Keynote Presenter