JOHN CHRISTOPHER CUTLER
J. Christopher Cutler, FACHE founded Cutler & Co., an independent consulting practice, in 1991. He specializes in the governance, strategic thinking and integration of healthcare organizations and the design of delivery systems.
With 30 years of healthcare management experience, Mr. Cutler has worked as a senior executive in university and community hospitals with responsibility for the operations of hospitals, free-standing diagnostic centers and long-term care facilities. He has worked extensively with trustees and senior executives of hospitals and healthcare associations on governance performance, organizational strategies, affiliations and mergers.
He has also worked with physician groups on ownership and governance issues, organizational culture, repositioning strategies and managed care contracting. He was instrumental in developing Massachusetts' first PPO and served as its Treasurer.
Mr. Cutler graduated Harvard College and holds a Master's degree in Healthcare Administration from the University of Minnesota where he later served on the clinical faculty. He is a Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives and served the New England Healthcare Assembly as a trustee and chairman.
Representative engagements include:
- Developing strategic plans and service-specific strategies for hospitals and physician groups
- Designing and directing strategy retreats for hospital trustees, management teams, and medical groups seeking to reposition or affiliate their organizations
- Evaluating governing board performance, practices and structures for healthcare organizations
- Conducting trustee education seminars
- Facilitating affiliation and merger discussions among hospitals and other providers such as VNAs, hospices and birthing centers
- Capital and Financial Planning
- Organizational Culture
- Performance Improvement
- Strategic Planning
- Breakout Presenter
- Keynote Presenter
- Presentation Moderator