Bob Chaput is widely recognized for his extensive and in-depth knowledge of healthcare compliance and cyber risk management, and is one of the industry's leading authorities in healthcare information security today. Chaput is the founder and chief executive officer of Clearwater Compliance, a top-ranked provider of healthcare compliance and cyber risk management solutions that are exclusively endorsed by the American Hospital Association. As a leading authority on cybersecurity and information risk management of health data, Chaput has supported hundreds of hospitals and health systems, including Fortune 100 organizations and other federal government institutions, to successfully manage healthcare’s evolving cybersecurity threats and ensure patient safety.
A leader who has a unique view of healthcare cybersecurity innovation, Chaput has been responsible for the associated regulatory compliance and security of some of the world’s largest healthcare networking and computing infrastructures. His direct responsibility and customer experience include safeguarding some of the world’s largest HR, Benefits and healthcare databases, requiring the highest levels of security for employers, healthcare providers, health plans and governments.
Prior to forming Clearwater in 2009, Chaput held executive level positions with publicly traded global companies such as GE, Johnson & Johnson and Healthways. At Healthways, he safeguarded the health data of 45 million Americans, and at GE, he was responsible for the human resources databases, health insurance programs, compensation and payroll systems for more than 400,000 of its employees. Chaput brings nearly 40 years of combined healthcare and cybersecurity experience, managing complex projects for more than 500 clients. He and his company have won numerous awards from the American Hospital Association, CyberSecurity Ventures and CIOReview.
Chaput is a member of the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) and the Association of Executives in Healthcare Information Security (AEHIS) Advisory Board and is known for his commitment to educational initiatives and giving back to support the industry at large.
- You Can’t Checklist Your Way to HIPAA Compliance. Practical, tangible and robust actionable plan for covered entities to become and remain compliant.
- Risky Business: How to Conduct a Bona Fide HIPAA Security Risk Analysis. The truth about what constitutes a real risk analysis that will pass muster with OCR and CMS.
- How The Final Omnibus Rule is Raising the Ante for HIPAA Compliance. Complete coverage of the major changes emanating from Omnibus and what actions organizations must take now.
- How to Conduct a Meaningful Use HIPAA Security Risk Analysis. Preparation for organizations to complete their Meaningful Use Stage attestation and the requirements of the Security Rule.
- How to Establish Your Breach Notification Program. Assists organizations in standing up security incident management and breach notification policies and procedures, awareness and training and technology solutions for documentation and reporting.
- How to Revitalize Your HIPAA-HITECH Compliance Program. Cover several ways in which to jump-start your program, create an internal progress ‘meter’ and become ready for HIPAA Compliance audits.
- How to Meet HIPAA-HITECH Encryption Requirements. Learn specifics of the regulations and how to leverage ‘safe harbor’ provisions in the Data Breach Notification Rule.
HIPAA-HITECH 101. For new and experienced healthcare professionals requiring a refresh on the latest regulations, learn the essentials.
- The Truth about HIPAA Security, The HITECH Act and Data Backup. Separate fact from fiction when it comes to specific data backup and recovery requirements.
- Information Technology and Data Analytics
- Performance Improvement
- Quality and Patient Safety
- Strategic Planning
- Breakout Presenter
- Group Facilitator
- Keynote Presenter
- Presentation Moderator
- Webinar Presenter